Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love is in the Air











I usually try to do something special for those boys in my life on Valentines day. I had not even thought of what I was going to do this year until Brayden asked me about a week before. He also reminded me that last year they all received treasure maps when they got home from school and they had to search the house until they found their loot. Those maps took a long time to do plus I even burned the edges to make it look old. So not only did it take a lot of time but it also made my house stink. This year I decided to do another treasure hunt. But all of their loot was together and they had puzzle pieces with clues on them. Once they found all the pieces of the puzzle they had to put it together and find where the treasure chest was hiding. I thought it would be a lot of fun and they would have to work together to solve this mystery. Leave it up to my boys to turn it into a competition and start arguing with one another. I quickly reminded them was this whole adventure was about. They started organizing the puzzle pieces together and before no time they had found their treasure. A lot of holidays anymore are about the gifts and how big they are. I want to create memories for my kids where money was not the issue. I don't believe in creating some of these holidays like Christmas and I don't want my kids to either. They loved their adventure and finding their bag of valentines candy. Even Brayden came up and thanked me for everything afterwards, a rare moment I know. But one that I will treasure for many years to come.

1 comment:

Knottymoose said...

You guys are such a cute family!!! And your a great MOM!

Rylee

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Kaleb

Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Brayden

Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tyler

Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Songs